Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Shan Nayyar" does not really have a ring to it

Good: I woke up at 7:15 today
Bad: I have been laying around in PJ pants watching season 4 of The Big Bang Theory. Drats.
Well, it's been that, along with looking at the twitter accounts of some of the TBBT cast members (God, I hate when I start looking at twitter accounts. Last week I was trapped in the tweet vortex of Community's Donald Glover).

Okay okay, I was primarily creeping on Kunal Nayyar, whose unfortunate wardrobe on the show betrays the fact that he's actually smokin'. Actually his wardrobe really is upsetting because it's so sweater vest heavy (and nothing makes me swoon like some sweater vest action, am I right ladies?) but it's always clashy on purpose, and they layer him up bulkily. I think concealing goodlookingness (see: Matt Damon in The Informant) and abusing sweater vests are among the GREATEST OFFENSES in the world, but I understand that they're dressing a character. A character that likes Bridget Jones' Diary, I might add.

Yasee, what happened was, after watching however many episodes of the show, I came to the epiphany that "Dr. Rajesh Koothrappali" is actually crazy crazy adorable, did my internet creeping, and then I delighted in the fact that my suspicions were totally correct. There are few things more satisfying than being proved right. But I'm also aware of the fact that I'm gushing like a little girl, so I will promptly desist.

Right after I express that for years I have been convinced there's no way an Indian accent could ever be sexy. I thought it was one of those universal truths like Cheese Improves All Foods. So now I'm biting my tongue, and conceding the fact that sometimes being proved wrong feels so right.

Okay, lastly an actor-y soundbite from the dude, who was born in London, raised in New Delhi, and moved to the US for college. "...I'm this world citizen stuck in the middle. You're always one foot in, one foot out. I've traveled the world; I can speak different languages. I get along with everyone, every single culture, but that's one thing I've found about myself, that I'm always slightly stuck in between." Ahah, see how I somehow managed to make girly gushing fit in with my blog's credo?

0 comments:

Post a Comment