Thursday, February 3, 2011

back in NJ, raving about my laptop

Picture aken at Venice Beach. I only half meant it --------->

So I am back in New Jersey, the astonishing reality being that I am actually glad to be back in New Jersey, after what was a minor hiccup in my return (flight cancellation thanks to the sweet winter stormage going on). My little psuedo vacation time/purgatory in LA had serious ups and downs, to be sure, and I'll get around to talking about that for my 2 loyal subscribers, ahahah.

I mean, mostly I'm glad to be back for two highly important reasons, the first being sleeping in actual bed, not a couch, sweet Jesus, and the second, because I am reunited with my dear sweet baby Toshi, i.e. my dearly missed, not-cleverly nicknamed Toshiba laptop. Like really, my baby. When I pulled it out of the box for the first time, there was a tender embrace, and a quiet understanding between us that we'd be traveling the world together.

Ordinarily I'm not gung-ho about new technological things. Because if something is perfectly functioning I just don't see a need to replace it, plus I am extremely picky about what I want. If I'm getting something new, it has to be perfect. I mean, I was the proud owner of an iPod mini years past the point of it being socially acceptable to still have a mini. And let's not get started on the cell phone I've had for the past two and a half years; it only rarely makes any noise and it is very apparent that a piece of it broke off and was lost forever (despite my genius method of taping it back on). So when I finally am psychologically prepared to buy new technological stuff I get really intense and focused about it, going to cnet.com for reviews first and foremost, and then finding peripheral sources.

I was pretty jazzed about finding Toshi. Its battery lasts something like 6 hours, plus it makes my previous laptop, which was already 14'', look like a behemoth. Toshi's screen is just a skosh smaller (13.3), but it's so much more slender and lightweight, at less than 3 pounds. Which is awesome, because I can just move it here and there, one-handed if I desire, effortlessly. So not only is Toshi kind of adorable, it's all sleek and black, which makes you take it seriously... refined but dangerous, like James Bond drinking a martini.

I sound insane right now but I like it. Anyway, I got Toshi a couple months ago, the interesting bit is that after a couple weeks there was a a hilarious but stupid incident involving salad dressing, and I had to send Toshi away to be fixed... aheh... But that's why I pay extra for insurance from Best Buy! To help prevent further damage to my child, I bought this Built laptop sleeve for $20 off of amazon. If there's one thing I love, it's bold, punchy bursts of color, like so.

This post has actually nothing to do with LA, does it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment