Friday, January 21, 2011

la vie poétique

Please
Think of
Something
Else
I beg of myself.
I give you ten seconds
to get out of my head
I threaten.

Lightening bug still, in the glass jar
encased, weary, able to see
the world, but so
unable to see the world.
in theory of course she knows the breeze
but it’s far, too far faded
by now to perceive
Please
Think of
Somewhere
Else
She remembers, faintly faintly
like it was someone else's dream
warm, balmy summer nights
to wrap around her fragile wings
grown stronger
by a night sky
to mirror the scattered fireflies' light.
Oh, what a sight to be seen.
It was beautiful,
And so was she.
Please
Think of
Somebody
Else
Now pressed up, half-dreaming,
against a glass hug
what she knows for sure
is a wilting bed of grass
left inside there, for her, her artificial home
flicker on, flicker off,
little bug.
beaming and gloomy-glowing
all at once.
Please
Think of
Some--
there are pinpricks above
through the tightly-screwed lid
for small lightening sweet,
for her to breathe in, 
and then
out
and out--
those holes, no, she couldn’t live without.
Please
Think
And no, home isn’t a place, after all
there’s no place, or space
for her in this world
but she found her home in a someone,
a he
this foolish little lightening girl, me.
And I can’t
Think of
Anyone else

It's always been you poking holes
in the lid.
my love, it seems you let me live.
I flicker for you, and I love it,
I do,
and I long for nothing,
no one but you.
but you keep me,
you keep me
trapped.

On display,
for the whole world to see.

But then,
I’d
rather die
than see your face
as you let me go.
As I wonder
had I never really mattered

0 comments:

Post a Comment